Wednesday 20 November 2019

Home #Day10

Day 10: Friday the 15th of November

Flying Singapore to Melbourne, 8 hours.
We landed at 11am.

India has been such an incredible trip. The culture and way of living here is so different. From thousands of people sleeping on the side of the road, with masses of piles of rubbish everywhere. The traffic is insane with the never ending horn beeping and thinking for sure we were going to die on a tuk tuk. The pollution in the air made it seem to be always foggy yet Indian people are so friendly and welcoming. Being a foreigner, I was stared at everywhere I went and got asked to take at least 50 selfies with people. The absolute highlights were-
1) Visting a 'Sikh' mosque where they offer free food, education and medical for anyone. We visited the giant kitchen where I sat on the floor with a beautiful old man who showed me how to roll out roti dough.
2) We were watching a wedding take place and the wedding party were dancing away with drums and trumpets. One of the women grabbed my hand and took me into the centre and I danced away! We were then invited inside to the wedding as special guest. It was the most beautiful room. We ate authentic Indian food and went to a special room to meet the bride.
3) We went to Pushka camel fair, probably one of the most hectic things I've experienced. We walked around with not only bikes, cars and rickshaws but camels, horses and bulls. Our friend Bryan, had his wallet pick-pocketed but then had it returned to him later on in the day. A bull got loose and went stampeding through the crowds.
4) Food. I've eaten so much Naan bread, I think I'm about to become one.
5) We visited so many beautiful mosque, temples and forts and of course the ever so famous Taj Mahal!
Thanks to our amazing tour group and guide for making this such a wonderful and unforgettable trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment